This consortium wants to enable the best possible development of potential and remove obstacles that stand in the way of this development.
KEY APPLICATION AREA
The 3 main pillars of the project
Through its positive impact on sustainable connectivity and socio-economic development at a regional scale
Diversity and inclusion
Through its positive impact of D&I policies in European populations and underrepresented groups
Through its positive impact on cultural and social inclusiveness for a shared European citizenship against populistic tensions
Our Action Areas
The management structure and organization of NEOLAiA will ensure that a governance structure adapted to the possible changes of the project during its life is provided.
After setting up the Project Governance and the Consultative Bodies, the Quality and Risk Management will be designed and carried out.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
All the NEOLAiA partners will establish a Pedagogic Hub with thematic labs/forums to involve staff, researchers, student representatives and community stakeholders. Its objectives will be twofold:
- To identify the main Megatrend challenges affecting the regions.
- To generate inputs and resources for the NEOLAiA curriculum proposed by the partners.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
A strategic goal of NEOLAiA is to ensure that a positive approach to diversity becomes a trademark of the organisation, as important as excellence in research and teaching.
The consortium will develop the NEOcharter, a common diversity policy promoting European values with the participation of all the relevant stakeholders.
The NEOLAiA mobility scheme has been designed to bring truly international curricular options to students and researchers, introducing a variety of new mobility forms and modes beyond classic Erasmus+ programmes:
- Field-specific course packages
- Short-term mobility mode in blended learning
- Mobility programmes for joint research
- NEOLAiA staff training programme.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND OUTREACH
NEOLAiA will provide partners with a range of new capabilities, including a network of experts in entrepreneurship, concomitantly with improved quality of training in entrepreneurship. This entrepreneurial training will put in place blended learning, virtual learning, and experiential training methods.
A support system for entrepreneurial students will be set; it will consist in mentoring and entrepreneur shadowing.
Investigation will also be a cornerstone of the NEOLAiA alliance. During the European University project, the participants will establish the NEOLAiA living lab in order to pilot a joint research strategy.
In addition, the researcher population will be mapped to build up and reinforce existing networks.
The lines of scientific collaboration will be the following:
- Inclusion studies
- Biomedical engineering
- Applied Humanities
- Social Robotics & Artificial Intelligence.
PLURILINGUALISM AND INTERCULTURALISM
This work package will consist in the implementation of a wide array of initiatives, with the aims of:
- Promoting plurilingualism and interculturalism in university programs, offering digital support to facilitate their implementation.
- Enhancing the linguistic and intercultural competence of the university community.
- Fostering online and face-to-face exchanges of instructors and students in order to reinforce the plans for the promotion of multilingualism across Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
This work package on Open Science will contribute to sustain research activities as a key HEI mission.
It will do so by adopting a set of policies and technological infrastructure to ensure a collaborative knowledge sharing research ecosystem, as well as an inclusive and equitable science citizenship participation.
It will use principles such as the FAIR framework and will set in motion the European Commission’s 2030 Digital Compass vision for science citizenship.
NEOLAiA partners will be focused on embracing digital transformation via the effective use of new technologies. Through this action area, all universities will be equipped with the knowledge to enter the new age where the effective implementation and use of emerging technologies is essential to conduct research and enhance staff and student experiences. The aims of this task are:
- Foster and stimulate sharing and collaboration on Open Science and Open data.
- Empower technology knowledge and research to support all universities in shaping the future of education towards the new age of social connection that is based on virtual worlds.
- Create a Shared Digital Identity for all NEOLAiA partners.
SUSTAINABILITY AND DISSEMINATION
A Dissemination Plan has been designed in order to promote the project outputs and the mission of NEOLAiA. This website, the social media and the communication materials will contribute on the dissemination of the project results.
A presentation of the NEOLAiA alliance to students at the beginning of each academic year will be performed in every partner university.
A Sustainability Plan on the long-term will detail NEOLAiA strategy on the long-run.